For the month of August, ReidGoodwin is hosting an in-office food drive in association with FeedMore. As this is our third year working with FeedMore, we are aiming high! Last year we were able to bring in over 350 pounds of food, and we are already halfway there with two weeks left! For every pound of food that we bring in, ReidGoodwin will be donating $1. For every dollar donated, FeedMore can feed 4 people in our community.
FeedMore has multiple community programs focused on assisting those in need in not only the Richmond area, but across central Virginia. In 2016 FeedMore:
- distributed more than 19.2 million meals through our network of partner agencies and programs.
- provided a nutritious snack and/or healthy, hot evening meal to more than 3,000 children each weekday through our Kids Cafe program
- distributed more than 913,000 meals to 56,180 individuals who live in under-served communities with our Mobile Pantry.
- volunteers delivered more than 293,000 fresh and emergency meals to 1,513 home-bound seniors and disabled neighbors in our Meals on Wheels program.
- distributed more than 310,750 meals through our BackPack program.
- provided more than 52,000 meals each day to neighbors in need in their times of need.
- made a difference in the lives of the nearly 200,000 children, families and seniors who struggle with hunger
We will be updating everyone at the beginning of September with our fundraising results! Reid Goodwin is always more than happy to have an opportunity to give back to the community that means so much to us. If you would like to donate or organize your own drive, contact FeedMore a for more information.